Plus Size Lingerie: Top 5 Tips to Shop
We often see lingerie advertisement with slim chested women flirtatiously shimmying around sending the message how comfortable they are in their lingerie. Well, what about full figured and curvaceous women? In fact, curvaceous and full figured women require more support as well as comfort to see them through the day.
Plus sized women can now rejoice. All major lingerie companies as well as your neighbourhood boutique are introducing plus size lingerie to flatter your figure without compromising on comfort. The following five tips will throw some light on how to shop as well as choose lingerie for the curvaceous woman.
- Decide on what you are looking for – Ok this should not be that difficult. Decide on what you actually want to purchase, is it a pair of stockings, corset, garters or even a pair of bra and panty sets? It might also happen that you would want all of the above.
At the same time you have to think about if these lingerie items are for everyday use or for some special occasion. What is your preference in terms of plus size lingerie? You can have your pick from classics, vintage, steam punk or even goth. Remember, there is a whole range of lingerie for the curvy woman. At the same time your tastes might change once you start shopping and slowly have an exact idea of what you actually want.
- Consider the level of control – Light support lingerie can help you to “smooth” yourself up while on the hand firm or extra firm can help in “correction”. Not that something is wrong with your body. However, it will help in guiding expectations in terms of plus size lingerie so that you don’t have to pass out due to lack of oxygen!
- Size matters – Like any other shopping experience where it is imperative to know your size, lingerie shopping also requires that you have a fair idea of what you are setting for. Every brand has a personal measurement chart. Once you have determined your size, you can choose the right lingerie but whatever be the scenario avoid choosing smaller lingerie. Well, it may work for a few seconds but what’s the point if you can’t breathe.
- Consider your target areas – Many plus sized women consider buying shape wear thinking it will flatter/camouflage all the target areas such as breasts, tummy, derriere, al. This is not always the case with shape wear as plus size lingerie. For instance, it is possible that a thigh shaper might not necessarily help with your tummy. So, it is better to wear particular lingerie to target particular areas.
- Shop the right lingerie – Now that you have a fair idea of your size and measurements, go out and enjoy your lingerie shopping. Don’t get flustered at the mind boggling array of stuff laid out in front of you. Consider the options you have and stay positive.
These were a few tips on how to purchase lingerie for the curvaceous woman. If you are still confused regarding plus size lingerie, try the internet or stores like Tease Lingerie . You are sure to come across forums that discuss ideas on lingerie for the plus sized.